Friday, October 31, 2008

Holy Heroes Batman!

For the past six years I have given way too much energy to costume searching. Even worse, I spend a great deal of time manipulating my children into being who I want them to be. Lauren and I watched many Youtube clips of Wonder Woman and her Lasso of Truth. "Look how cool her crown is. It is like a boomerang! Wow! She can change clothes super fast! Boy, you will be an awesome Wonder Woman!" "Zach, you don't want to be Ben Ten. Several of your friends are going to be Ben Ten. There really should only be one Ben Ten. And look, Superman has muscles!"

I'm really into themes. This year, Superheroes. Last year, Classic Halloween: witches, dracula, and a bat. 2006, Peter Pan. 2005, A Toy Story. 2004, Cave girl with dinosaurs. I think this is the last year of the themes. The boys refuse to be Wizard of Oz characters and I don't want them to need therapy later in life because of their controlling mother.

We had some friends over for our Mystery Dinner and then went Trick or Treating around the neighborhood.

All that and Lauren wouldn't wear her wrist bands and boots, and Abby's cape went missing for the photo. Shocker!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ashild said...

Hi Em!
It's been a while since I visited your blog. What great pictures! You know what - I can easily imagine the controlling mother here.. :) But I must say I'm impressed at your engagement in costumes and theme parties. I was also looking at the photos of Laurens birthday! It was so good to see you again there... love you!
Ã…shild

Jenn said...

Who wouldn't want to be Wonder Woman? I adore her. Good choice! Cheers!

Julie said...

The pics were totally worth the headache! Love them!!