Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sweet Abigail







Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl. It's hard to let her grow up. She is such a snuggle bunny and lovey girl. There is something so dainty and girlie about her. Maybe it's her creamy skin or her blond curls. Maybe it's her high, sing-songy voice. She likes to stay up with mom and dad, cuddling and flirting until she falls asleep. Abby is a Daddy's girl, greeting him with hugs and kisses each time he comes home from work and sometimes stewing and pouting because Daddy is gone. She is extremely observant and wants to do everything the big kids do. Her favorite spot in the house is on the kitchen counter so she can watch everyone. Her brothers and sister have realized that Abby copies everything they do and say so they try to use manners and share. Good job, guys!

She received a Cabbage Patch swim baby and a Tinkerbell sleeping bag and tent. All of the other kids have sleeping bags so now she can sleep downstairs with them. When anyone mentions swimming, she runs to get her swimsuit, her "mermaid pants" (swim diaper) and the sunscreen. She likes to sing "Popcorn Popping" and a version of "I am a Child of God" that includes parts of "I am Like a Star". Abby loves all junk food and likes to sign "cracker" and "candy" in an attempt to look extra cute and up her chances of getting what she wants. It usually works.

Abby you are soooo loved by your mom and dad and family!
Abigail's middle name is Helen, named after my Grandma Voorhees. Abby and Grandma are both sweet natured. Abby should be honored to carry her name.

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

What a darling girl. Grandma Helen is so honored to have Abby named after her. Happy Birthday
Grandma Bender

Jenn said...

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter and your Grandmother. Love the pictures!

Julie said...

Abigail is SO adorable! What a beautiful little girl. Happy birthday!

Bethany said...

Very sweet, very darling! Even though it's late-happy birthday wishes.
I also just noticed the Going Commando comment on the side-ha hah aahahahahaha, I love it. That has greatly amused me.

ashild said...

hello Emily,
Thank you for sharing your blog with me! :-) It's been so long since I had a hotmail account I had forgotten the address and password, so I created a new one in order to enter your blog!
The children are so beautiful! Who did Abigail get her blond hair from??? I am impressed that you have made time to create and use a blog and I'm looking forward to dropping by and checking for new info and pictures. Have a lovely summer day! (if you want to send me an email it might be better to use my jobaccount which is ashild.njastad@travelnet.no since I check that one every day)